Monday, December 17, 2012

A Need So Beautiful (Review)

A Need So Beautiful (A Need So Beautiful, #1)Book: A Need So Beautiful
Edited by: Suzanne Young
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 267
My Rating: 3 of 5 stars

Blurb:
We all want to be remembered. Charlotte's destiny is to be Forgotten...

Charlotte’s best friend thinks Charlotte might be psychic. Her boyfriend thinks she’s cheating on him. But Charlotte knows what’s really wrong: She is one of the Forgotten, a kind of angel on earth, who feels the Need—a powerful, uncontrollable draw to help someone, usually a stranger.

But Charlotte never wanted this responsibility. What she wants is to help her best friend, whose life is spiraling out of control. She wants to lie in her boyfriend's arms forever. But as the Need grows stronger, it begins to take a dangerous toll on Charlotte. And who she was, is, and will become--her mark on this earth, her very existence--is in jeopardy of disappearing completely.

Charlotte will be forced to choose: Should she embrace her fate as a Forgotten, a fate that promises to rip her from the lives of those she loves forever? Or is she willing to fight against her destiny--no matter how dark the consequences.
 
 
This book was pretty original for an angel book. The plot seemed really awesome and it had great potential, too bad it didn't live up to it. I admit when I checked this book out I didn't even read the description of the book, the cover drew me in right away. It's stunning so don't judge me, we all have done it.
 
This book really didn't pull me in until about the last 100 pages or so. The whole first half of the book I was contemplating putting the it down because you really don't find much of anything out and it's mainly Charlotte whining about what she discovers she really is. I wanted to love this book, I truly did but it ended up being more of a like.
 
I liked some of the characters like Harlin and Alex (The few times we actually see him) as well as Mercy. Harlin was the really cool bad boy type who drove a motorcycle and wore leather but was really just a big sweetheart who loved Charlotte. Alex was just hilarious every time we see him, he has witty comebacks for everything and is all around likeable I just wish he was in the book more. I did like Charlotte in the beginning. She seemed reasonable and confident but as the story slowly goes on she turns into a whiny character who complains about her problems non-stop. Her best friend Sarah is no better. She's stuck up, self centered and whiny as well. She complains about how everything goes wrong for her when she could just not put herself into those situations.
 
There were parts of this book that are really amazing, like the love between Charlotte and Harlin which is just completely adorable. They were just meant to be together and it was okay since they fell in love before the book takes place so it wasn't insta-love. Then there's the end. When Charlotte realizes everything isn't about her and what she wants.
 
I probably will be reading the next one in the series at some point especially with how this book ended. 

3 comments:

  1. It sends great, how sad it's a dissapointment. Yeah, its ratings aren't the best on Goodreads when I looked...I was really excited about this one!

    Marie @ Marie's Bookworm Blog
    http://mariesbookwormblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I finally did read the description after I already checked it out I thought it sounded amazing. Too bad it wasn't...I noticed the goodreads ratings after I was already halfway through and I was like eh it's not too terrible just not the amazing book I was expecting

      Delete