Monday, October 28, 2013

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan
Series:  Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Format: Paperback
Pages: 312
Source: Purchased

When Percy Jackson receives an urgent distress call from his friend Grover, he immediately prepares for battle. He knows he'll need his powerful demigod allies at his side; his trusty bronze sword, Riptide; and . . . a ride from his mom.

The demigods reace to the rescue to find that Grover has made an important discovery: two new powerful half-bloods, whose parentage is unknown. But that's not all that awaits them. The Titan lord, Kronos, has set up a devious trap, and the young heroes have just fallen prey.

Hilarious and action-packed, this third adventure in the series finds Percy faced with his most dangerous challenge yet—the chilling prophecy of the Titan's curse.

 

I was so excited to start this book but for some reason I had a lot of trouble getting through the beginning of this book. I think my whole issue was one of the characters who was introduced at the end of the last book. I just did not like her that much and that really caused me to struggle with this book. Aside from that I did enjoy the story.
 
Like the two books before this one, the plot was exciting and full of action. There were awesome trials that the young heroes had to go through as well as action packed fight scenes. The beginning however seemed to be a little slower than the two previous books. Once the quest began I was hurrying through the book trying to find out just what was going on.
 
It was definitely interesting to see the group dynamic when it wasn't the same three characters going on the quest this time around. Grover and Percy were the two that I really enjoyed since their humor always manages to make me smile and their friendship is just so strong. However, I was not a fan of a certain other character (who will not be named due to spoilers). She really bothered me and I did not really become emotionally attached to her like I did Percy, Grover and Annabeth. This time we are also introduced to The Hunters. These are the young girls who follow Artemis on her hunts and swear off men forever and because of this they can live forever. I was not a fan of Zoe Nightshade at all. She was snotty and just seemed to not work well with the others. However, what happens later on with her story did really pull at my emotions.
 
The story seems to be picking up in intensity and I have a feeling that things are going to be getting a lot worse for the young heroes. I hope to continue on with the series soon and find out just what will happen to Percy and his friends next.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment